Connect with local progressive and issue advocacy groups.
Help elect progressive candidates who support our values.
Visit historictriangledems.com or call (833) 757-DEMS.
Get a daily action checklist.
Make some calls.
Try 5calls.org for an easy way to contact legislators and make your voice heard. Store your representatives’ phone numbers so they’re easy to contact.
- Circle Up Middle Peninsula Educating, organizing, and mobilizing to address political issues both close to home and on state and national levels.http://www.circleupmidpen.com
- Common Ground Williamsburg Fostering local progressive change through shared suppers and actions. We seek to build consensus and find common ground on issues of importance in our community.Facebook: CommonGroundWilliamsburgVA
- Middle Peninsula Progressives Truth, compassion, inclusion, diversity. No raised voices, no clenched fists.Facebook: Middle Peninsula Progressives
- New Kent Progressives Working to advance policies that support racial, social, economic and environmental justice and ensure equal opportunity for all.Facebook group: New Kent Progress
- New Kent Democratic Committee Supporting DPVA ideals and goals, working to elect Democratic candidates and get out the vote, and educating the community.http://newkentdems.org
- Peninsula Indivisible Campaigning for progressive candidates and supporting policies to protect civil rights, immigrants, refugees, the environment, public education and more.http://www.peninsulaindivisible.com
- Peninsula Voices for Change Advancing policies of inclusion and respect for all. Members advocate on individual passions, then network and plan action.http://peninsulavoicesforchange.org
- William & Mary Young Democrats Electing Democrats at the local, state and national level through on-campus canvasses, phone banks, campaign invasions and more.Facebook: WM Young Dems
- Williamsburg Indivisible Group Researching and producing position papers via task groups, planning local action, hosting candidates and other speakers at bimonthly public meetings.Facebook: Williamsburg Indivisible Group
- Williamsburg JCC Indivisible Resistance group working to get Democrats elected, taking action on pending legislation, and hosting events.Facebook: Williamsburg JCC Indivisible
- Williamsburg-James City County Democrats Working to elect Democrats at local, state, and national levels. Monthly meetings, annual picnic and banquet.Facebook: Williamsburg James City County Democratse
- York-Poquoson Democratic Committee Supporting Democratic candidates at all levels and educating and mobilizing voters at monthly meetings.http://yorkpoqdems.org
Non-Partisan Issue Advocacy Groups
- All Together Williamsburg Bringing together local people for discussion, fostering interaction, unity, inclusiveness, and equal opportunity.alltogetherwilliamsburg.org
- Moms Demand Action – Peninsula Area Demanding reasonable solutions to address our nation’s culture of gun violence.momsdemandaction.org
- Students Demand Action – William & Mary A William & Mary student-run organization working to raise awareness of gun violence and its intersectionality.Facebook: StudentsDAWM
- The Village Building bridges between local schools and parents, connecting them with tools to aid children in reaching full potential.Facebook group: Our Village
- WUU Social Justice Spiritual community working to build a better world by promoting racial, LGBTQ, economic, and immigrant justice.http://wuu.org | firstname.lastname@example.org
- York-James City-Williamsburg NAACP Advocating equality for all via civic engagement, education, youth leadership development, and legal redress support.http://yjcwnaacp.org | email@example.com